What is 'The Pyramid'?
'The Pyramid' is an on-going tournament in which players try to reach the top of the Pyramid. New players who join 'The Pyramid' start at the bottom level. A match is started automatically against a player who is 1 level up. A match consists of 2 games, each player starting one. If the player in the lower level wins the match, both players switch levels. If both players win a game, a tie-breaking rule is applied to decide on the winner. For example: for Streetsoccer, this is goals scored.
If a player leaves 'The Pyramid', his place is taken by a player from the next level. In turn, this player's place is taken by a player from the next level from that, etcetera. If a player joins again, he has to start from the bottom again.
New games are started automatically. These conditions apply:
1. A Pyramid is searched for eligible players eligible from top to bottom.
2. A player is eligible if he isn't playing a match and either lost his last match or has been waiting for an opponent for more than 7 days.
3. If more players at a level are eligible, the one who played the least 'forced matches' is selected first. If this is tied as well, the one who has been waiting the longest since his previous match is selected first.
4. Then an eligible opponent is looked for on the level below. An opponent is eligible if he isn't playing a match and has won his last match (or hasn't played a match yet).
5. If more opponents are eligible, the one who played the most 'forced matches' is selected first. If this is tied as well, the one who has been waiting the longest since his previous match is selected first.
6. A new match is formed.
7. If the eligble player from 2. has won his last match, this new match counts as a 'forced match' for this player.
8. If players move to a different level, because they won or lost a match, their 'forced matches' count is reset to zero.
Sometimes a new match cannot be started immediately. This is particularly true once you reach the higher levels. If you are at level 3, and you should get a match against an opponent from level 2, it might happen all players at level 2 already are playing a match. In this case, just have a little patience.